To Blog or not to Blog

I don't know how to blog and I feel embarrassed to be a blogger. I hate to sound like Andy Rooney but "blogging" seems obscene to me. Really, in our entire language we couldn't come up with a better term for keeping a personal web log than a blog? How about a webichle (web + chronicle)? or a wost (web + post)? OK, these aren't that great either but it seems like there must be something better out there than "BLOGGING". Even still, I have decided its time, as the scriptures say, "to keep a record of this people" and so I will blog! Despite the ickiness of the term, I hope you enjoy it!

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Walk Through Christmas’s Past

The memories I have of Christmas are so poignant it’s almost painful to remember them; but remember them I do.  I have always loved Christmas so I hope you will indulge this walk through my Christmas memories in picture.  

1968 12-25 Diana's first Christmas in front of fireplace 1969 Diana with Gentle Ben Christmas

                          Christmas 1968 & 1969

 

Diana and Michael at Christmas 1977

Michael with truck at Chrismas 1977

 

 

  1977

 

 

 

 

 

michael and dad christmas1980

 

 

 

 

                                           1980

 

 

 

1987 December Michael with new blue bike

 

 

 

                                   

                                     1987

 

 

 

 

 

Nana and Grandad at Christmas

 

 

 

        Nana & Grandad Philp  - 1987

 

 

 

 

 12-1989 Diana with Santa Walt Wells   12-1989 Michael with Santa Walt Wells

1989 - Diana and Michael with Santa (Walt Wells – Bishopric)

 

1990 Christmas

1990 at the Rovey home

 

Christmas 1991

Christmas Dinner - 1991

 

 

1992 Dad and Nana  Santa Larry sings

                                  Christmas - 1994

 

 

Granny and Grandad 1995Granny Grandad Pace – 1995

 

Rovey Christmas

Christmas at home

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Tons of emotions tied up in those photos.
    I miss Rovey more than words can say.

    ReplyDelete