To Blog or not to Blog

I don't know how to blog and I feel embarrassed to be a blogger. I hate to sound like Andy Rooney but "blogging" seems obscene to me. Really, in our entire language we couldn't come up with a better term for keeping a personal web log than a blog? How about a webichle (web + chronicle)? or a wost (web + post)? OK, these aren't that great either but it seems like there must be something better out there than "BLOGGING". Even still, I have decided its time, as the scriptures say, "to keep a record of this people" and so I will blog! Despite the ickiness of the term, I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santa’s Helper?

Tonight was the night for Pace to wrap his gifts.  He did pretty good at picking out the paper and writing on the gift tags but he wasn’t interested in the actual wrapping.  So I began the process of wrapping – once I started I was on a roll and couldn’t quit.  Pace sat quietly with his Nintendo DS playing an intense game of LEGO Batman while I wrapped, bowed, and tagged each gift.  At the end of the process, Pace’s job was to take the gift and put it under the tree.  Apparently, this “job” was more than he could handle.  After about the fifth gift, he sighed, “Mom, how many more do I have to do?”  I said, “I don’t know but this is your job so you have to stick to it no matter how long it takes.”

The next gift sent him over the edge.  He came back from his task anDSC06508d announced,

“MOM, THIS IS NOT SANTA’S WORKSHOP, YOU ARE NOT SANTA, AND I AM NOT A SANTA’S ELF!  THIS IS A GUEST ROOM, YOU ARE MY MOM, AND I AM JUST A PACE!”  Boy, putting the gifts under the tree must have been a terrible burden.  Little does he know that Santa’s Workshop and Santa are a lot closer than he thinks!  Perhaps a visit to the naughty list will help him remember the Spirit of Christmas!  

P.S. I think Pace remembered some Christmas spirit as later, while in bed, he was listening to and softly singing “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas”.  That made everything ALRIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he just wants to be a dentist?
    http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs17/hermie.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be . . . or perhaps just IN-DE-PEN-DENT?? :)

    ReplyDelete