To Blog or not to Blog

I don't know how to blog and I feel embarrassed to be a blogger. I hate to sound like Andy Rooney but "blogging" seems obscene to me. Really, in our entire language we couldn't come up with a better term for keeping a personal web log than a blog? How about a webichle (web + chronicle)? or a wost (web + post)? OK, these aren't that great either but it seems like there must be something better out there than "BLOGGING". Even still, I have decided its time, as the scriptures say, "to keep a record of this people" and so I will blog! Despite the ickiness of the term, I hope you enjoy it!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Alright!

DSC06520

This morning began, as every morning begins, with Pace and I reading scriptures and eating breakfast.  The house was quiet and decorated for Christmas.  At one point during our peaceful time, Pace kicked back, put his hands behind his head and said, “I just love it when everything is alright.”   I said, “Me to! ”  And I do.  There’s a lot of things to worry about most of the time so I really do love it when things are alright.  What a great way to start the day!

3 comments:

  1. Your morning routine sounds heavenly! :) I couldn't agree more with Pace's sentiments and yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a profoundly simple statement. Those moments when everything is alright are so precious and rare. I'm glad that he can feel and recognize them. Also I'm glad that you guys have a home where he can feel that. I remember feeling that same way at home, especially this time of year. I think the trick to feeling those moments as an adult is to purposely create and recognize them. But they are never as good as when you are a child.
    Good for Pace, and good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, it is a great morning routine - creating some great memories and habits I hope!

    Mike - exactly what I thought. Simple words that said it all. I am grateful he feels that way about home and I'm glad I have those memories to fall back on when I need them.

    ReplyDelete