To Blog or not to Blog

I don't know how to blog and I feel embarrassed to be a blogger. I hate to sound like Andy Rooney but "blogging" seems obscene to me. Really, in our entire language we couldn't come up with a better term for keeping a personal web log than a blog? How about a webichle (web + chronicle)? or a wost (web + post)? OK, these aren't that great either but it seems like there must be something better out there than "BLOGGING". Even still, I have decided its time, as the scriptures say, "to keep a record of this people" and so I will blog! Despite the ickiness of the term, I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

In January, our church changed to the 8:00am start time.  Its REALLY hard to get up before the sun; but its so nice to have the whole day after we get home.

At one point in the day, just after reading scriptures, I said “Pace, could we trade places for just one day?”11-24-10 Pace Weight close-up

“No we can’t. ” he said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because, I have little problems in little pieces and you have big problems with big pieces,” he said as he hummed a little tune.

And it was that simple; I have too many problems to be little again (which is precisely why I want to trade places with him!).  He always finds a way to express himself with exactly the right words.  How does he do that?!?!?!  

Then later, after Pace had done all the Sunday things he knew to do, I heard the T.V. go on and then immediately go off.  I knew he turned on the T.V. but then remembered it was Sunday and turned it right back off.  I looked at him playing in the corner of the room.  I said, “So Pace, what would you like to do?”

He quickly replied, “I don’t know but I have crackers.”

Again, sage words from a wise six-year-old.  If only we could all have little problems in little pieces and be happy with just a handful of crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment