To Blog or not to Blog

I don't know how to blog and I feel embarrassed to be a blogger. I hate to sound like Andy Rooney but "blogging" seems obscene to me. Really, in our entire language we couldn't come up with a better term for keeping a personal web log than a blog? How about a webichle (web + chronicle)? or a wost (web + post)? OK, these aren't that great either but it seems like there must be something better out there than "BLOGGING". Even still, I have decided its time, as the scriptures say, "to keep a record of this people" and so I will blog! Despite the ickiness of the term, I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

An Ephriam weekend


I'm not very big into reunions, but this one at Snow that I went to a couple of weeks ago (October 8-9) was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime event. After all, how many people can say that they were a part of a team that won a national football championship 25 years ago? To make the event even nicer, not only the were the players and coaches there, but students and fans were also part of the occasion (actually, I refer to them as friends of the team). Nothing like the feeling of getting to re-live your youth for a weekend. And of course, getting the entire team inducted into the NJCAA Hall of Fame is like putting the cherry on the sundae.

Even though all of us are older, and have kids (or even grandchildren), the fact is that what was accomplished 25 years ago will never go away. Well, the whole event left me with a warm fuzzy feeling. Anyways, it is back to real life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment